Thursday, December 14, 2006

To Blog, Perchance...

Originally posted in December and accidentally erased...somehow...

So I've given myself several excuses today and I must say they have all sounded completely reasonable to me...excuses for not sitting here subjecting myself to what amounts to flagellation of the ego.

All the usual suspects presented themselves for consideration, "Who the hell's gonna read the blathering of some middle-aged broad?!?!" took her place at the head of the line, planted her feet, crossed her arms and added a belligerent, "Huh?? Answer me that?" Well, in the absence of a reasonable answer, I gave the bitch the boot!

In the words of my Cuban dad, "aqui va!"

If you are part of the 40-something club you already know that being in this age category comes with a number of huge...let's see, how to put this diplomatically...setbacks. Yes, that's the word...setbacks. Not the least of which is that you get a little slower on the uptake...once you get rolling and begin to pick up momentum you actually feel as if you're keeping up with the masses, but until then...it's pretty much waiting for the light to come on.

My good friend said, "Hey, how 'bout a butt-load of fun..." to which I responded with my customary...."Count me in..."

That's how Spiffy got me to have a couple of Foster's, sat me in front of his computer and help me set this up.

So here I am...can't wait to make some sort of valid contribution, while simultaneously keeping from being trampled by the masses I'm trying to keep up with!